More and more folks are coming into my healing space very unhappy with the direction their life is taking. I wrote about this before with my blog on compassion. There is a common factor in this unhappiness: no self love. Nada, zip, zilch.
We need to be our own biggest advocates. Seriously everything that we seek, we need to find it within ourselves first, in order to find it without. This includes but is not limited to: love, compassion, forgiveness, comfort, joy, peace, happiness and so on.
Have you heard of the saying ‘Fake it Till you Make it?’ well thats where we need to start if we want to turn our collective frowns upside down. All day long we should be telling ourself how much we love ourselves, have compassion for ourselves and so forth. Until you know it and believe it. For it is true, you can love yourself. Even our darkest most dreaded imaginings are no barrier to self love. Take all those parts of yourself that make you feel uncomfortable, afraid, sad, and send those parts nothing but compassion. Without the dark there would be no form or definition to the light, no depth. Do not be afraid to look at the deepest parts of yourself with compassion and love. Maybe even embrace those more wild aspects of your authentic self and show us what wonderfulness lurks beneath your society exterior.
If our society, and we created this construct collectively over time, is not supporting you and your desires, work to change the construct. Do any of you listen to Esther Hicks and Abraham? ( You can find their teachings here, if you have not heard them please go and listen to one of their tapes, choose any of them: http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource/index.php) Abraham talks about ‘The Vortex’ that space of joyful co-creation where you are in the zone and manifesting wonderful things for yourself. He also talks about ‘reality’ versus ‘vibrational reality’. These are some very key concepts for our continued spiritual evolution.
Here are 3 things to contemplate in helping your clients find self love:
- we can be in ‘the vortex’ even if we have pain or are not leading the life we really desire – in the vortex we create the life we desire
- Reality is messy and too complicated for your clients to tackle, I always recommend focusing on the small steps instead of the big ones – reality has many pitfalls that keep us out of the vortex
- You can change your vibrational reality in a moment. Then you are back in the vortex
In the vortex you tell yourself how much you love yourself and you support yourself with good food, exercise, and surround yourself by things and people that inspire you and so on. Outside of the vortex you feel unsupported and afraid.
Here are 3 simple ways to get into the vortex:
- Be out in Nature, soak up all the beauty and wonder we are surrounded with and allow yourself the opportunity to once again feel that sense of wonder you might have had as a child. Some of my clients didn’t have that opportunity, so right now give yourself permission to feel that sense of wonder. Delight in the mystery of our beautiful world.
- Practice Gratitude – see my Gassho is a Gratitude Mudra blog post for tips
- Practice Mirror work – hands down mirror work, works! Try it, don’t knock for at least 3 months, everyday practice your mirror work! http://www.robertholden.org/blog/what-is-mirror-work/