A student of mine who is starting to do her own Reiki sessions as a business asked me about coming up with an amount to charge for her sessions. I remember when I went through this myself when starting to offer Reiki as a profession. Here are some tips other colleagues shared with me and that I in turn shared with her:
* How much are other practitioners charging in your area, the last thing you want to do is undercut your colleagues in the area
* How much can folks afford to spend, you will find that answered primarily by the first bullet. However I would consider your market too, if you are a niche practitioner and want to help specific people, what can the afford?
* Consider how much you have to make: do you have to make a specific amount each month? How many sessions would you need to have scheduled to make that amount. Clearly a higher hourly rate will get you there faster but will the market support you in that?
* What is your relationship with money? From a manifesting perspective deep hidden emotions will impact what you bring to you.
* What is your overhead? Per session what goes into laundry, lights, heat, garbage and so on, be sure to add those to your hourly rate.
There will probably always be practitioners in your area making more then you and charging less then you. The trick is to find an amount that is honoring to you and that your clients are happy with. I do offer a bulk package that allows folks to purchase at a lower price. I have always been flexible when it comes to money so if a client has special circumstances I work with them.
Reiki Answer Lady